Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Self-Assessment Essay for 9/4/13

With Digital Art I am primarily focused with Interactive Art as a way of expressing myself through fun, non-goal oriented games. I don't have much of a style if only that the art I create is lighthearted. It is not necessarily childlike but it isn't very dark in nature. I like the work of Scott Snibbe, he is an interactive artist, who works with sound, in pieces like REWORK_ and with people to people interaction with work like Boundary Functions.

With my glass work I am right now focused on incorporating my love of crocheting and my love of glass by creating glass pieces that have the texture of crocheted patterns.

Presently I am trying out different forms, bowls and flat pieces, and crochet designs, basket weave and shell stitch. An artist that I would love to know how she makes her work is Catherine Carr, it is so delicate and what I would potentially like to progress to in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment